httpd-users mailing list archives

From Unternaehrer Stefano <stefano.unternaeh...@ti.ch>
Subject [users@httpd] Three Apache on same server with one common entry port (80)
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:35:39 GMT
Hi all.
On our webserver, every single project need to have a personal
Apache installation, with specific configurations. At the moment
I have one Apache on port 80, and three Tomcat reachable through
this Apache thanks to the mod_jk library. This is solved.

Suppose that this Apache has url http://www.mydomain.org
<http://www.mydomain.org>
I have now installed a second Apache, running on port 90, but
I need to be offer the services of this second Apache alto through
the standard port 80. The client (guest) must never see port 90.
I suppose the mod_jk module cannot help me in this case, so I'm
looking for a way to configure the first Apache with something
like this: if I ask for http://apache2.mydomain.org
<http://apache2.mydomain.org> , so redirect
this request to the Apache running on port 90.
Is this possible, and how? If easier to configure, the url
http://www.mydomain.org/apache2 <http://www.mydomain.org/apache2>  could
also be used to reach the
second Apache.

Thank you and best regards,
Stefano
---
Stefano Unternaehrer - 6500 Bellinzona - 091 8141513
Informatico Sbt - Sistema bibliotecario ticinese
stefano.unternaehrer@ti.ch  http://www.sbt.ti.ch <http://www.sbt.ti.ch>