httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Allison <talli...@tacocat.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache 1.3 vhosting
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 02:32:08 GMT
ludi wrote:
> Are you sure the server received the requests?

Yes I am.

Interestingly I think I've solved the problem....
Not sure how though.

Is there a difference between doing an 'apachectl restart' and 'apachectl stop;
apachectl start'?  Somewhere in the restarts over the last two days (many
restarts but only one stop...start) it started to "just work".  Maybe I was hung
on some 'cache' related issues somewhere.  I just don't really know.

I'm happy with the results, but I'm unhappy with my failure to "get it".