httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Collyer <scoll...@netspinner.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3: Aliases no longer working
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 18:44:36 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

 > AFAICT, I can no longer set up any
 >>new Aliases - resources accessible via the new Alias return
 >>403.
 >>

 > Look in the apache error log.

Nothing there, I'm afraid.

 > If there is nothing there, then the problem is almost certainly with
 > your filesystem permissions.  Check the directory in question and all
 > parent directories to make sure they have at least search permissions
 > (chmod +x) for the apache user.

And the perms are fine - chmod'ed everything wide open earlier
on to be sure.

There's a ScriptAlias set up pointing to a cgi-bin dir thats
working just fine, too. This strikes me as odd.

I'm much keener to get Apache to tell why it's returning a
403 rather than guessing - do you know if this is possible ?

--
Regards

Stephen Collyer
Netspinner Ltd