httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] warning : Failed to enabl\ e the 'httpready' Accept Filter
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 19:38:38 GMT
Ashtanga Yogi wrote:
> I am proud to say that I have configured, built and installed all the following now:
>
> httpd-2.2.0
> mod_perl-2.0.2
>
> httpd required me to first locally build and install apr and apr-util after which I built
the main httpd and locally installed it. I then locally installed mod_perl (but have not put
in any LoadModule cmds for it yet).

> upon starting up Apache, it works and I get an "it works!" page, but I want to know why
I am getting this warning about httpready and what I can do about it on FreeBSD:

> [tbrannon@pringle:~/cvs/blue/wagsvr/install/httpd/prefork/conf] apachectl start
> httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, u\
> sing pringle.newdotnet.net for ServerName
> [Sat Dec 03 10:07:00 2005] [warn] (2)No such file or directory: Failed to enabl\
> e the 'httpready' Accept Filter

on FreeBSD, you need to add a kernelmodule

kldload accf_http

grep accf /boot/defaults/loader.conf
accf_data_load="NO"             # Wait for data accept filter
accf_http_load="NO"             # Wait for full HTTP request accept filter

add the second to /boot/loader.conf with 'YES' to enable this permenately.

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."