httpd-users mailing list archives

From WJG <wjg779-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 SSI XBitHack not working
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 04:01:42 GMT
On Friday 09 December 2005 15:12, Joshua Slive wrote:
> Never mix "+" options and non-"+" options.  This can cause very weird
> effects, and may, in fact, be the cause of your problem below.  You
> probably want simply "Options Multiviews Includes"

Here's a revised vhost snip:
        <Directory />
                Options None
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /var/www/test>
                Options MultiViews Includes

                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all

                AddType text/html .html
                AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html

                XBitHack on
        </Directory>

> So it didn't work with AddOutputFilter?  In that case, the problem has
> nothing to do with xbithack.  Please clarify.

Sorry, you're right. It processes .shtml files, but not .html files even with
the AddOutputFilter, with/out XBitHack.

Here's the test file I'm using, pure text/html:

<head>
<title>SSI Test Page</title>
</head>
--<br>
<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->
--<br>

So, it's handling the .shtml file through INCLUDES, but not .html? Any ideas
how to debug this further? Thanks.

Jay