httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Authentication questions
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:12:52 GMT
On Thursday 08 December 2005 15:48, Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 12/7/05, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
> > I've yet to try Apache 2.2, but can Apache be configured to support
> > mutiple authentication schemes for the same directory/location?  Am I
> > missing something?
>
> I haven't tried it, but as far as I know apache doesn't have this
> capability in any version.

I've actually just been hacking up a module that does just that:
accepts a custom authentication scheme with fallback to
Basic or Digest authentication.  But that involves my new module
doing something neither of the standard modules does: namely
accept that ap_auth_type(r) might be something different to
my module's authentication scheme.

Actually I think it would be fairly straightforward to hack in to
the standard modules.  But I'd need to think that through
a little to avoid breaking things.

--
Nick Kew