httpd-users mailing list archives

From Graham Frank <gfr...@neoservers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Child errors causing Apache to exit
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 01:46:28 GMT

So I've been paying attention to my ErrorLog lately as Apache has been crashing
about once per day with errors such as:

[Thu Dec  1 10:00:02 2005] [alert] Child 27698 returned a Fatal error...
\nApache is exiting!
[Fri Dec  2 07:05:02 2005] [alert] Child 30200 returned a Fatal error...
\nApache is exiting!

Well, that's fine and all that it is at least telling me that it crashed, but
how about a little more information?

Is there any way I can get Apache to be a bit more useful when it comes to
figuring out why the children are returning fatal errors?  I can't fix the
problem if I don't know what the problem is or any clues hinting to it.

Thanks!

Graham Frank
(608) 359-1593
Neoservers LLC (http://www.neoservers.com/)