httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Maurer, Hermann" <Hermann.Mau...@gft.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Auth problem with Location
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 08:44:05 GMT
Hello folks,

I'd like to implement the following scenario: We have an area, which
must be accessible by everyone. There is an subfolder in it, which has
to be accessible by authorized users only. Below I noted the appropriate
piece of httpd.conf for that:
----------------------------
<Location /myloc>
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
</Location>

<Location /myloc/confidential>
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
AuthName "Confidentail Area, please login"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/passwd/passwords
Require valid-users
</Location>
Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Still everybody can access the subfolder
/myloc/confidential without any password dialogs. I suppose, that the
first Location block does have a higher priority, then the second one.

Is it generally possible ? Should I use any LocationMatch rules with
regexp ? Can anybody give me an example for it ? Thank you !

Regards,
Hermann Maurer