httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Martens <jmart...@cityofevanston.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 mod_rewrite and mod_auth_ldap problems
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 19:56:35 GMT
On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 16:15 +0000, Daniel Berhane wrote:
***** Snip *****
>  authenticate and want  mod_rewrite to transfer the URL. The main
> problem, we have is the authentication directives work only under the
> context of "directory" and because the Plone & Zope is a separate
> application server running under a different port, the mod_rewrite
> module does not seem to run under the context of "directory".

That is not true. You can put authentication directives in both
<Directory> and <Location> contexts. From the apache documentation at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/directive-dict.html#Context

"directory
        A directive marked as being valid in this context may be used
        inside <Directory>, <Location>, and <Files> containers in the
        server configuration files, subject to the restrictions outlined
        in How Directory, Location and Files sections work."

Jason Martens