httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tom" <t...@drexel.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache and dynu
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:30:14 GMT
Hello,
    I am new to using apache. I have been told by people that in order to run a webserver
from my computer I would need apache.  I also need a dns client, and I was directed toward
dynu, since its free.  I am having a terrible time setting these two up together to work.
 Does anyone know how to configure apache to use dynu, or does anyone know another free DNS
client type like dynu and how to configure it.
When I tried to configure apache to work with dynu, I type in my address (asluttech.dynu.com)
and at home I get my routers homepage, and here at work outside my network, I get a could
not be found error.
I have forwarded tcp port 80 through the router, but I am still not able to make it work.
I am using windows 2000 sp4 behind a belkin wireless g router.
Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
        Tom