httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Hashagen" <shasha...@aperio.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Silent install for Apache on windows doesn't create Apache2 service
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 17:05:20 GMT
Thanks Dimitri. that fixed it.

Apparently I was missing ALLUSERS=1

Steven Hashagen
Software Engineer
Aperio Technologies, Inc. <http://www.aperio.com>
(760) 539-1108
shashagen@aperio.com

-----Original Message-----
From: dimitri.janczak@clearstream.com
[mailto:dimitri.janczak@clearstream.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:40 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Silent install for Apache on windows doesn't
create Apache2 service

Hi,

I had similar issues when:
- something was already listening on port 80 (a Web Server from a well
known company :-)
- Apache was already installed on the machine and a httpd.conf was left
by a previous installation

Currently i use the following line:
msiexec /i "apache_2.0.55-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi" ALLUSERS=1
SERVERNAME=%NVHostname%.%NVDomain% SERVERDOMAIN=%NVDomain%
SERVERADMIN=webmaster@%NVDomain% /qb-
where:
NVHostname=HKLM:System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NV
Hostname
NVDomain=HKLM:System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NV
Domain

---
Dimitri Janczak, Clearstream Services
(+352) 243 35392, KA.03.101.130
Revolution is a business (for young people).

"Steven Hashagen" <shashagen@aperio.com>
30/11/2005 23:09

Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

<users@httpd.apache.org>

cc

Subject
[users@httpd] Silent install for Apache on windows doesn't create
Apache2 service

Hello,

I'm attempting to run the Apache 2 MSI installer in silent (or passive)
mode.  I'd like it to automatically install as a service listening on
port 80.  The installation seems to work fine, except it doesn't create
the Apache2 service.

Here's the command I'm using:

msiexec /i apache_2.0.54-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi /passive
SERVERADMIN=test@test.com SERVERNAME=localhost SERVERDOMAIN=localhost
SERVERPORT=80

Can anyone tell me how to do this, or suggest an alternative?

Thanks,

Steven Hashagen
  _____

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is 'firstname.familyname@clearstream.com'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER