httpd-users mailing list archives

From Florian Dufour <Florian.Duf...@inrialpes.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] File name with dots AND MultiViews
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:32:39 GMT
Hi,

I've got a strange problem with MultiViews and Apache 2.0.55 : in a
directory, we have to files :

           lastname.en.html
           firstname.lastname.en.html

MultiViews option is enabled in this directory.

When I ask for "lastname" with my web client, Apache serves
lastname.fr.html as I accept HTML and english.

However, if I ask for "firstname.lastname", I get "404 file not
found".

In my apache error log, I can read :

   Negotiation: discovered file(s) matching request:
   /directory/firstname.lastname (None could be negotiated).

What's the problem ? Are filenames with dots forbidden while using
MultiViews negotiation ?

Regards,

--
Florian Dufour

Direction de l'Information Scientifique et de la Communication
Tél : 04 76 61 52 39 - Mél : Florian.Dufour@inrialpes.fr