httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod_disk_cache| Struggling to configure
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 03:49:29 GMT
On 11/29/05, Arindam Bhattacharjee <arbhattacharjee@sapient.com> wrote:
> The logs are showing me something like
> [Wed Nov 30 09:04:30 2005] [debug] mod_cache.c(506): cache:
> /images/map/Transport_icon_Air.gif not cached. Reason: HTTP Status 304
> Not Modified
>
> Not sure what it means and what is the remedy.

I'm not an expert in this, but it looks like your browser did a
conditional if-modified-since request, and since the file had not been
modified, apache responded as such.  Since there was no content sent
back, there was nothing to cache.  Try with a file you have never
before requested.  (Also, you don't mention what version of apache you
are using.  The latest 2.1/2.2 is highly recommended when working with
mod_cache.)

Joshua.