httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_cache & mod_rewrite
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 13:53:42 GMT
On 11/23/05, Luc Levesque <luc3@travelpod.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     Let me start off by apologizing if this list doesn't handle questions
> like this but I hoped it might seeing as it's about standard Apache modules.
>
>     We currently run mod_rewrite successfully on this URL:
>
> /travel/United%20States/t.html
> rewrites to:
> /c/search2.pl?country=United%20States
>
>     We would like to use mod_cache to cache this page, this works fine when
> I target the search2.pl URL, but when using the alias ( ie: /travel ) it
> always seems to not find the previously cached file. I am assume this is
> because it uses the rewritten URL to determine if it should be cached and to
> key the cache, then uses the original URL ( ie: /travel ) to see if the
> cached object already exists, which it doesn't.

I've never tried this type of setup myself, but I'll give you my
standard mod_cache response, which is that you should try running the
latest 2.1 beta.  Many improvements have been made in 2.1, and I know
the subrequest caching issue has been something on the table.  (But I
don't know if this particular issue is any different.)

Joshua.