httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proper config for suexec and maintain chroot'ed FTP?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:06:05 GMT
On 11/9/05, John Goggan <jgoggan@dcg.com> wrote:

> I seem unable to find a way to do the same thing properly under Apache v2.0
> with suexec2's requirement that the files be in the docroot.  It does not use
> the docroot of the virtual host -- but uses the default/main docroot of /var/www.

This has not changed between 1.3 and 2.0.  suexec always requires all
non-userdir files to be under a compile-time configured document root.
 It must just be that the docrot you had configured for 1.3 contained
all the directories.  You can recompile suexec to set its docroot to
/home.  But of course, this is dangerous because it means suexec can
execute anything under that directory.

Joshua.