httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy and SSI from Back-End Apache
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:46:41 GMT
On 11/8/05, Devendra Singh <dee.ess@gmail.com> wrote:
> But, the problem is that when I try to access
> http://ds.india.noida/dstest.html the SSI
> /mycomps/testsuccess.html also gets parsed from the Front Apache.

Or, in other words, subrequests are not getting proxied.

>    RewriteEngine On
>    RewriteRule \.(gif|jpg|png|txt|css|js|ico|swf)$ [OR]
>    RewriteRule !\/mycomps\/.* - [last]
>    RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://ds.india.noida:8080/$1 [proxy]

This looks quite bogus to me.  As far as I know, there is no [OR]
option to RewriteRule.  And you shouldn't be escaping forward slashes
in your regex.  I'm surprised this works at all.

On the original problem of subrequests and proxies, I don't recall
whether or not this works correctly.  I imagine it should.

Joshua.