httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Dynamically insert changed VHost in Apache
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:47:05 GMT
On 11/1/05, Jan van den Berg <janvdberg@solcon.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
> Everytime I change a VHost I need to gracefully restart Apache for the
> changes to take effect. Is there a way (module?) to avoid doing this.
> So that a change is automatically deployed without a graceful?

No.

If there is a particular type of change that you make on a very
frequent basis, there may be a way to do it without editing
httpd.conf.  But you'd need to give more details.

Otherwise, you shouldn't really worry too much about an occasional
graceful restart, since it is totally transparent to clients.

Joshua.