httpd-users mailing list archives

From elima...@datacom.com.bo
Subject [users@httpd] How to recompile Apache 1.3.x for PHP4 and DSO support?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:17:09 GMT
Hi list:

I´d like to work with Apache with PHP4 support.
I´ve just to install Apache 1.3.34 into RedHat9 box using the old
./Configure script editing src/Configuration and src/Configuration.tmpl
files. In this file I uncommented
AddModule modules/standard/mod_so.o
line in that file and run ./configure and "make".
However in the httpd.conf file I don´t see any php4 module loaded and
below to
#
# Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support
#
section I don´t see  any module (I don´t see LoadModule directive to add
modules in run time).

I´d like to know how can I recompile Apache with php4 module and DSO
support. I´m beginner with apache so I´ll be grateful with your help.

Likewise, how could I recompile apache using APACI? or Should I to
recompile using the old method again?

Best regards

EDWIN LIMACHI N.