httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] What did I do wrong?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:14:55 GMT

It's kinda hard to do this by accident... My guess is that your distro has a default SSL site
on IP:443.

When exactly do you get this message? You would have to type http://www.yxxx.org:443/ into
a browser to get it. Why would you want to look at a plain HTTP site on port 443?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> pine
>
> Bad Request
> Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
> Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
> Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.
>

>         Hint: https://www.yxxx.org/

the sender's company.