httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Weird 404 error
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:24:47 GMT
Plain text please...

Are you sure you are accessing the pages via apache and that the internal links and images
are referenced using HTTP? It sounds like you might be referencing images etc. via the filesystem,
eg:

src="file:/home/web/images/pic.gif"  <-- bad

src="/images/pic.gif" <-- good

If not, it sounds like a problem with your blog tool...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Tawfiq Choudhury RAFM DMD [mailto:tawfiq.choudhury@grameenphone.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 8. November 2005 11:58
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Weird 404 error

Hi,
I have installed a blogging tool, wordpress(http://wordpress.org), in my laptop(Win XP). It
is running on Apache 2.0.xx, MySQL 4.0.xx and PHP 5.05.
I can post and view articles without any problem from my local machine. But whenever I try
to post or view articles from another machine all the formatting gets messed up and all the
contents of the page comes in a single column and no picture is displayed either. If I try
to view other articles by clicking on the links I get 404 errors, although that file is present.
I have posted this in the wordpress support forum but there was no helpful reply. Is it an
apache configuration issue?
Please help.
Tawfiq.

the sender's company.