httpd-users mailing list archives

From "George Pitcher" <george.pitc...@ingenta.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Getting started - problem with virtual sites (not necessarily 'hosts')
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:42:22 GMT
> > This isn't a website with three sub-directories. Its actually
> five websites
> > that use the same directory and it isn't the document root.
> >
> > When the user come in with the url
> 'http://www.website.com/site_a/' it takes
> > them to 'home.php' which breaks down the url and loads the config file
> > according to the site. This makes site maintenance much easier
> for me as I
> > only have one set of templates and scripts to maintain for the
> five sites.
> >
> > Hope this clarifies things.
>
> Not really.  Your message is still subject to many different
> interpretations.  But if the "config file" that you speak of is the
> php config file, then you should consider taking your question to the
> php list.

Joshua,

It isn't a PHP issue. On IIS, I set a virtual site called 'site_a' and
specify which folder was going to be used. I then set up another 4 virtual
sites with their own names and they all point to the same folder. I want to
know how to do that with Apache2. In time, with some success on the sales
side, I could have hundreds of sites pointing to this folder. PHP simply
takes car of serving up the appropriate images, admin details etc on a per
site basis.

Cheers

George