httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Kogut <jmko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache and PHP
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:43:18 GMT
Hey guys, here's an analogy concerning Php and MP. You can go to a store,
and you have $100 US to buy something to help you hammer nails. The logical
choice is that you should buy a hammer right? It does what you need it to,
and the shallow learning curve is nice. But, on the way to the hammer
section, you see this multi-purpose tool that can not only hammer the nail
for you, but it can also buy the nail, hold the nail in the wood, and then
make lemonade for you. Now, you go buy the multi-purpose tool, bring it
home, and then realize that it doesn't do the one job that you wanted it
for, hammering, as well as a hammer would.

This is how I felt with Perl. It did so many things that I felt that it just
couldn't concentrate one one thing enough, web applications. So, I found
myself at php.net <http://php.net> one day and fell in love with the trusty
hammer.