httpd-users mailing list archives

From km...@netscape.net
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2 configuration
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:40:37 GMT
I'm trying to use apache2 for the first time. I have some experience
with earlier versions.

I'm having trouble with basic configuration. I've tried placing
configuration directives in the
httpd.conf file and in a separate file in the conf.d directory.
Comments in apache2.conf indicate
this should work. But apache doesn't seem to recognize the directives.

I've tried adding the following directives in both places mentioned
above and then restarting
apache. But the directives seem to make no difference. The error.log
indicates that apache is
looking only in /usr/share and /var/www for html and cgi files before
and after adding these
directives. How do I get apache2 to detect my customizations?

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios/
<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios/">
   AllowOverride AuthConfig
   Options ExecCGI
   Order allow,deny