httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] reverse proxy with Apache 2.0
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:23:11 GMT
If you really mean to proxy the request to an SSL connection, you at least need to set SSLProxyEngine
ON. You may also need to set SSLCACertificatePath or SSLCACertificateFile, but I do not think
it is necessary.

-ascs

________________________________

From: Suzy Fynes [mailto:suzanne.fynes@sentenial.ie]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:35 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] reverse proxy with Apache 2.0

Hi,

I'm trying to run my Web Service <http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21645323.html>
 through apache with a reverse proxy and I'm having trouble setting up the configuration.
I set it up fine locally from a windows machine but when i try to use it on a linux server
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21645323.html>  my web <http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21645323.html>
 service client just isnt going anywhere, not connecting to the server at all!

I have the following in my apache conf file

<VirtualHost *:443>

    SSLEngine on
   SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSL <http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21645323.html>
v2:+EXP
   SSLCertificateFile /home/Service/certs/web_server_cert.pem
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /home/Service/certs/web_server_pk.pem

    ServerName beta.testing.ie
    ErrorLog /home/logs/reverseProxy-error
    CustomLog /home/logs/web_services.access_log common

    #
    # The following is sample code to allow proxification
    #
    ProxyRequests Off
    <Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
    </Proxy>

    ProxyPass /webservices/Service/doc-literal https://localhost:9000/Service/doc-literal
<https://localhost:9000/Service/doc-literal>
    ProxyPassReverse /webservices/Service/doc-literal https://localhost:9000/Service/doc-literal
<https://localhost:9000/Service/doc-literal>
</VirtualHost>

The certs i want to use were created with OpenSSL and aren't authenticated for the server,
is there anyway i can tell my client to just trust my OpenSSL certs without complaining???

Thanks!!
Suzy