httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Yu, Ming" <Ming...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2 Reverse Proxy - Problems accessing NTLM authenticated backend with IE over https
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 13:58:34 GMT
Make sure the Windows Site should use Clear Text authentication Only.
Do not use Mixed mode.

- Ming Yu
- Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oluwagbamila O. Oyekanmi [mailto:OOyekanmi@vmobile-nigeria.com]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 1:34 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 2 Reverse Proxy - Problems accessing NTLM
authenticated backend with IE over https

I have configured Apache 2 as a reverse proxy for one of our application
servers for external access. I also configured ssl using a verisign test
certificate.

1. The application server uses Windows NTLM authentication
2. There is no problem accessing the system over http using IE or
FireFox
3. But I kept getting error "Page cannot be displayed", after
certificate verification and NTLM authentication when accessing the site
with Microsoft IE over HTTPS.
4. Accessing the site over https with FireFox works fine.

I have checked configurations of IE and FireFox to make sure they are
similar. Yet no luck after 2 weeks.

I will appreciate help from anybody who has experience configuring
Apache2 as reverse proxy for access to an IIS Server using Windows
Integrated or Windows Basic Authentication over HTTPS.

'Gbamila