httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Wendt (Contractor)" <mark.we...@nrl.navy.mil>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems with cgi scripts
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:34:07 GMT
Hi,

	I'm in the process of moving our web server from old hardware to
new.  Same OS - RHEL4 -U1-ES.  Same version of Apache -
v2.0.52.  Everything works on the old server, but not the
new.  Selinux has been disabled on both machines, and the directories
and partitions are virtually identical, except for the
size.  Permissions on all directories, as well as the user and group
are identical on each machine.  The conf files, both httpd.conf and
ssl.conf are identical.  CGI scripts are all written in perl, perl is
located at /usr/bin/perl, and #!/usr/bin/perl line is in each
script.  When I try to execute one of the cgi scripts, I get a
"Forbidden  You don't have permission to access the
/cgi-bin/<whatever>.cgi on this server."  Where else can I look to
fix this problem?  I've scoured the archives, and all the fixes point
to either selinux, or file permissions.

Thanks,
Mark