httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary W. Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuration directives question
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 20:12:34 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to work up a html only server for of about 1000+ people.
This server is a dual role server as it holds both their static html
pages and their email (running cyrus).

We were looking at using mod_user but we wanted to work around the tilde
issue.  So we pointed DocumentRoot to the /home/.  From there we can now
to the /username and it maps to /home/username which works fine.

What we need to do is to disable PHP (any any type of SSI) for
DocumentRoot and anything under there but keep it enabled for certain
script aliases (such as horde which lives in /usr/local/horde).

What would the two configuration directories look like?  Is there a
better approach than this?

Gary Wayne Smith