httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Darling <plotthick...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] .htaccess apparently ignored when host accessed by IP
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 17:41:43 GMT
Hello users.

I am having trouble with a server where the .htaccess file directives
are ignored when the host is accessed by the IP number.  If accessed
via the domainname, .htaccess directives are fully functional.
According to diff, other than IP numbers, this server has an identical
httpd.conf to other servers; those servers do not have this IP vs.
domainname problem, so I know it's not an issue in httpd.conf.  Any
ideas on where else to look for a culprit?

-Peter