httpd-users mailing list archives

From Antonin Karasek <li...@ceskyserver.cz>
Subject [users@httpd] maybe DOS
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:41:49 GMT
Hi everybody,
I'm using Apache 2.0.55 with Prefork MPM on Linux 2.6.x. Yesterday I
experienced really  bad things. Apache forked many proceses and consumed
all of my memory (2GB) and swaps (2GB). The result was, that I had to
restart the server (load > 60).

The bigest problem is, that I'm not able to recognize, what was the reason.

Is there any possible DOS with such result?

Is there any way, how to prevent Apache (or in general a proces) from
consuming all of the memory. For example set Linux not to allow it to
consume more than 1.5 GB of memory.

Many thanks.

Regards
	Tony