httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Collyer <scoll...@netspinner.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 start_ssl - missing symbol
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:42:57 GMT
Stephen Collyer wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
>

>> In 2.0.x you can't build mod_ssl as a DSO against OpenSSL if OpenSSL
>> is only available as static libraries.
>>
>> You can either build OpenSSL shared libraries, or upgrade to 2.1.x,
>> where this should work OK (though I wouldn't recommend it at all).
>>
>> joe
>

> Joe
>
> Thanks for that. I notice now that openssl doesn't build
> shared libraries by default, so that looks like the problem.

OK, I've now rebuilt openssl to generate a shared library,
and it's present in the top level of the openssl directory.
(in my case it's openssl-0.9.8a/libssl.so which is symlinked
to libssl.so.0.9.8)

I've rebuilt http 2.0.55 (after a make clean) and I still
have the same problem when I start it - missing X509_STORE_CTX_set_depth
symbol. It looks like the build isn't seeing the shared library
for some reason.

Any suggestions (before I have to go digging through the makefiles) ?

--
Regards

Stephen Collyer
Netspinner Ltd