httpd-users mailing list archives

From Devendra Singh <dee....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache version
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:36:43 GMT
Hi,

Sterpu Victor wrote:
> You can instal another version. :))
> Or recompile the current one.
>
> Brent Clark wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Would anyone please update / advise me on how I can switch off the
>> version displayed by apache.
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Brent Clark

# ServerTokens
# This directive configures what you return as the Server HTTP response
# Header. The default is 'Full' which sends information about the OS-Type
# and compiled in modules.
# Set to one of:  Full | OS | Minor | Minimal | Major | Prod
# where Full conveys the most information, and Prod the least.
#
ServerTokens Prod

#
# Optionally add a line containing the server version and virtual host
# name to server-generated pages (internal error documents, FTP directory
# listings, mod_status and mod_info output etc., but not CGI generated
# documents or custom error documents).
# Set to "EMail" to also include a mailto: link to the ServerAdmin.
# Set to one of:  On | Off | EMail
#
ServerSignature Off

Devendra Singh