httpd-users mailing list archives

From Phil Endecott <spam_from_apache_us...@chezphil.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Add header when access is denied
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:49:22 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
 > On 11/16/05, Phil Endecott wrote:
 >> Dear List,
 >>
 >> According to the docs for mod_headers you can arange for the header
 >> to be added either for sucessful requests only, or for all requests.
 >> But it seems to me that the "always" case doesn't really mean always,
 >> as the header is not added when access has been denied.
 >
 > It appears that you are using the multi-lingual error messages.  What
 > happens if you use the standard internal error messages or just a
 > ErrorDocument 403 "Not allowed"

Hi Joshua, thanks for the reply.  Yes, when I comment-out my
ErrorDocument directives I get what I had expected:

$ wget --header="X-moz: prefetch" -S (URL)
--19:58:49--
            => `index.html.1'
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
  1 HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
  2 Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:58:57 GMT
  3 Server: Apache/2.0
  4 Vary: X-moz,Accept-Encoding
  6 Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
  7 Connection: Keep-Alive
  8 Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
19:58:57 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

I get this for both no ErrorDocument and ErrorDocument 403 "Not Allowed".

My ErrorDocuments are the standard ones from the Debian package.  Is
there anything I can do to fix this?  Presumably it's a case of
appending rather than setting the Vary header somewhere.  If not I'll
just stick with the default messages.

Cheers,

--Phil.