httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David P. Donahue" <ddona...@ccs.neu.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Can Anyone Recommend A Log Analyzer?
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:25:01 GMT
I'm looking for some recommendations for freeware (open source a plus,
but not really necessary) log analyzers.  I've found various projects on
the subject around sourceforge and freshmeat, but I'm wondering if
anybody's been happy with anything in particular.  Specifically, I need
something that will output a little HTML-based (other formats a plus)
summary with charts and graphs and such.  Kind of like this:

http://www.the-sanctuary.info/logs

Of course, I looked up that product and it costs far too many monies.
Basically, I'm going to be hosting some websites for family and friends,
and hopefully branching out into a small business as such.  I'd like to
include a traffic analysis page like this for clients to help sell the
service.

Has anyone used something with which they've been pretty happy?
Ideally, if it can run on Linux and have the analysis be cron-able (that
is, doesn't require a GUI to be running) that would be awesome.

Regards,
David P. Donahue
ddonahue@ccs.neu.edu