httpd-users mailing list archives

From Guy Knights <g.knig...@qut.edu.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2/Mod_JK 1.2 Slow File Download
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 01:36:26 GMT
Yes, I forgot to mention that since I wrote the post I've tried mod_jk
1.2.14 with no change in result. The hardware we are using is an HP
Proliant DL-380, standard config, purchased late last year.

I'll investigate Apache 2.0.55 and see if that helps - thanks for the info.

Regards,
Guy

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Guy Knights wrote:
>

>> - compiling and installing the latest mod_jk connector (1.2.6) and
>> testing this with a test copy of apache (2.0.54) and the same copy of
>> tomcat. This didn't solve the problem.
>

> mod_jk 1.2.6 is nearly as old and stale as 1.2.4 that you really don't
> want to be using.  Strongly advise you look at something maintained, say,
> in the past year?  1.2.15 I believe is current.
>
> You don't mention platform/hardware - this is not good if you want any
> answers.  Note that 2.0.55 Apache included brand new releases of apr and
> apr-util, the portability runtimes.  They include a number of changes in
> autodetection of poll vs select and any number of other side effects
> which
> could explain the problem you are having on your random platform.
>
> Bill

Guy Knights
Computer Systems Officer
Library Systems