httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2/Mod_JK 1.2 Slow File Download
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:28:00 GMT
Guy Knights wrote:

> - compiling and installing the latest mod_jk connector (1.2.6) and
> testing this with a test copy of apache (2.0.54) and the same copy of
> tomcat. This didn't solve the problem.

mod_jk 1.2.6 is nearly as old and stale as 1.2.4 that you really don't
want to be using.  Strongly advise you look at something maintained, say,
in the past year?  1.2.15 I believe is current.

You don't mention platform/hardware - this is not good if you want any
answers.  Note that 2.0.55 Apache included brand new releases of apr and
apr-util, the portability runtimes.  They include a number of changes in
autodetection of poll vs select and any number of other side effects which
could explain the problem you are having on your random platform.

Bill