httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] DSO: does the order of LoadModule matter?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:48:10 GMT
James Benson wrote:
> Yes I think I remember seeing something about that in the apache docs,
> the order it ships with should not be changed!

That was true of 1.3.x (the order of all the hooks was controlled by the
AddModule sequence, or if ClearModule was not invoked, the original load
order.)

In 2.0 there are very minimal interactions.  All modules which export their
optional hooks and functions in their register hook, and link to all other
loaded modules' hooks and functions in their configuration phase, are
completely immunue to ordering issues.

But there are some 'hard dependencies' that have been missed (you can feel
free to log these as bugs), such as mod_ldap prior to mod_auth_ldap, etc.

Bill