httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laurent Blume <laur...@elanor.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache2/mod_ssl
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 12:16:58 GMT
Susan Roesner RZ wrote:
> I am using Solaris 10, apache 2.0.55 and openssl 0.9.7i to compile apache with
> mod_ssl and mod_so using the following commands
> ./configure --prefix=/path/to/apache --with-ssl=/opt/web/ssl097i --enable-ss
> l --enable-rewrite --enable-so
>
> The compilation/install proccess was fine. After the installation I looked into
> the modules folder - no ssl module installed. Also no entries in http.conf for
> ssl.

I think it might have been built as a static module, not a dynamic one.
Do "httpd -l" to check it out: if it appears there, it's static.

I use the following to make sure that mod_ssl is built dynamically, on
Solaris 8, 9 & 10:
LDFLAGS='-R/usr/local/openssl/lib' \
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/httpd-2.0.55 \
   --enable-mods-shared=all \
   --enable-so \
   --enable-ssl \
   --with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl

Note the --enable-mods-shared=all.

> So I looked into config.log. There I found the only error messages concerning
> ssl - I guess it is the reason why no mod_ssl was installed. Unfortunately I
> cannot interpret the following error messages nor find something in google.
> Maybe someone can point me into the right direction.

I think it's irrelevant here. SSL_set_state is not a symbol in OpenSSL
0.9.7i (I checked using nm). It has a SSL_state, though.

The ./configure script is probably trying to check which version of the
SSL library is installed, and the result is positive anyway:

> configure:11110: checking whether to enable mod_ssl
> configure:11122: result: yes (default)

But you might look more closely at the output, it says somewhere if
modules are built dyanmically (I don't have an example right now).

HTH,

Laurent