httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laurent Blume <laur...@elanor.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Using suexec to let users modify their vacation
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:46:12 GMT
Hello all,

I'm sure this has been done before, but I can't get relevant hits on
AltaVista or Google...

I need to have a web interface to let users modify their vacation
message on the mail server in the intranet. They'll authenticate
themselves first, of course, using mod_ldap.
It's a regular Solaris 8 server, using its vacation tool, only users
can't access it with a shell.

My current idea is to use mod_suexec, but it'd need to have one script
belonging to each user, in all the home/*/public_html/cgi-bin
directories. It's possible, but not very convenient.

Does anything already exist that I could use or adapt? I don't want to
reinvent the wheel (and I'm not sure I'd reinvent it round...).
It could even be PHP or another reasonably installable script language.

Thanks in advance for any idea,

Laurent