httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Talbot <jtal...@proionta.gr>
Subject [users@httpd] MP3 streaming on Apache
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 02:13:11 GMT
How do you turn Apache 2 into a MP3-streaming server?

Apache 1 had mod_mp3 and the Apache::MP3 Perl module (unmaintained now
for over 2 years), but what do Apache 2 owners usually do in this case?

Thanks a lot, this is my first post on this list,
- John

The reason I want this is to create my own web-based podcasting client
for my personal use.
The ideal would be to download an mp3 from the podcasting site, while at
the same time streaming it to winamp, without having to store it first.

I'm fed up with iTunes not running if I don't have quicktime installed,
and not letting me create folders to group similar podcasts. Also all
other free products I've found till now are quite as good.