httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rob Belics <rob_bel...@charter.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Serving dynamic pages with C
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 00:58:44 GMT
I would like my Apache server to dynamically create and serve some web
pages using 'C'.  I am not interested in using the default CGI or Perl.
I have gotten myself turned round and round for weeks on how to do
this.  I know I need to use the API but I don't understand where
handlers and modules fit in.

An example of where I am confused.  If a request for index.html comes
in, would I have AddHandler myhandler .html in httpd.conf and write code
for 'myhandler' to do this?  Wouldn't 'myhandler' actually be a module?
Or are modules just a collection of handlers like a library?

I think I might have enough information to know how to write a module if
I just knew how Apache knew when and where to call my 'whatever' but I
just need some direction.

Thanks.