httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Saad, Dan (N-Computer Sciences Corp)" <dan.s...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Connecting C++ server with Apache: AJP?
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:54:10 GMT
Guys,

Please take this discussion about PHP vs Perl offline as it doesn't
concern Apache.

Both are fine tools and if they fit your use case feel free to apply
them.

Thanks !

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Joshua Kogut [mailto:jmkogut@gmail.com]
	Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:17 AM
	To: users@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Connecting C++ server with Apache:
AJP?

	>>>QUOTED:nick@webthing.com-So, the opposite of the PHP approach
:^)

	Hey! I resent that. In my many years of "back-end" Php
programming (or, if you want to split hairs, scripting) Php hasn't even
crashed once. And if it did crach, it wouldn't bring down the server. I
have mis-configured it multiple times, and Php refused to start, but
Apache was still working. Also, I didn't know about mod_php, I should
try that out. Lol, I can't believe how Php can get such a bad rap.