httpd-users mailing list archives

From Xuekun Hu <xuekun...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_disk_cache config help
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 02:01:02 GMT
I have been puzzled by the help doc of mod_disk_cache config that "
CacheDirLevels*CacheDirLength value must not be higher than 20".

When I set this value
   CacheRoot /usr/local/apache/cache/
   CacheDirLength 7
   CacheDirLevels 2

This error "CacheDirLevels*CacheDirLength value must not be higher
than 20" is still happened.

I looked at the source code and unstood why this error was happened
because when first setting CacheDirLength value, CacheDirLevels wasn't
be set, and used the default value 3. So 7*3 is higher than 20.

Now in my instance, the DirLength has 7 characters, and DirLevel has 2
subdirectory levels. So how do I config the mod_disk_cache? Maybe set
CacheRoot to subdirectory respectively, instead of the upper
directory? But I have many this subdrectories.

Any help are appreciated.

Thx, Xuekun

BTW, why not set CACHEFILE_LEN larger? performance issue? I think in
real world most directory name has lots of characters.