httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] can't get mod_expires to work with apache 2.0.54
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:32:02 GMT
On Monday 21 November 2005 11:20, gregory duchesnes wrote:

> But it does not change anything, my browser (Firefox 1.0.7) first get
> the file normally from the server, but if i close the browser and try
> and grab the file again, i get a HTTP 304 not modified code instead of
> the HTTP 200 code i expected.

That's correct.  Your browser asked the server whether the document
has changed, and the server replied that it hasn't.  That's exactly how
HTTP is supposed to work.

If you had a long expiry time, your browser might have optimised
further by reusing its cached copy without bothering to ask the server.

--
Nick Kew