httpd-users mailing list archives

From TonyY <tonyy8...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Command mode question
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:11:09 GMT
  That's correct, thanks for the help.
  I was not able to remember I was use cmd.exe before, and trapped by command.com.
  It's great to see things working again.

  BTW, my appology to William for posting this "foolish question".
  Tony

"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
  TonyY wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a quick question (I know I did before):
> I can nolonger use the command
> c:\>cd "\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin"
> to change the directory from the Command prompt????
> I got: Parameter format not correct - "\Program

Foolish question, did you invoke command.com instead of cmd.exe?

I've used your syntax for years, even
cd "/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/bin"
without problems. Of course, that's if I'm on the current drive
with that path ;-)