httpd-users mailing list archives

From <agebo...@home.nl>
Subject Antw: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 configuration "present but cannot be
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:06:05 GMT
John P. Dodge wrote:

> > I'm trying to compile Apache 2 because I'm in a situation where I can't use a pre-compiled
release. Unfortunately I've got no experience with compiling software at all so I'm hoping
you guys can help me out a bit, assuming this is the right place to ask for this.
> > I'm running Solaris 8 (UltraSparc 5) and to make thing even worse...this is basically
the first time I ever touched a Solrais system :-D

> > When running the configuration (configure --prefix=/work/training/dg432/servsoft/apache2
--enable-mods-shared=all) I get presented with a series of errors all in the lines of:

> Do you have the Solaris compiler utilities (ar, cpp, ...) in your command
> search path (/usr/ccs/bin)?

I fixed the problems using a later version of GCC (3.2.3) but now I'm stuck with a different
issue. The configuration get's a long way without any problems untill it stops with the following
error:

checking whether to enable mod_access... shared (all)
checking whether to enable mod_auth... shared (all)
checking whether to enable mod_auth_anon... shared (all)
checking whether to enable mod_auth_dbm... shared (all)
checking whether to enable mod_auth_digest... checking dependencies
You need APR random support to use mod_auth_digest.
Look at APR configure options --with-egd and --with-devrandom.
checking whether to enable mod_auth_digest... configure: error: mod_auth_digest has been requested
but can not be built due to prerequisite failures

Isn't the APR stuff supposed to be included in the httpd source?
What can be done to fix this problem?

For the record: I'm trying to compile Apache 2.0.55.

Yours,

Age Bosma