httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mr Nick Kirby" <nick.ki...@freeuk.com>
Subject [users@httpd] .htaccess file problems
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:28:06 GMT
Hello, I'm having a problem with an .htaccess file on my server.

The file works ok - that is I have it set to block access to a folder.
However what doesn't work is the password I set for it.

AuthType Basic
AuthName osCommerce
AuthUserFile C:WWW/emma-search/catalog/admin/.htpasswd
require user nick

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
<IfDefine SSL>
  SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
           nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
           downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
</IfDefine>
</IfModule>

this is the contents of the .htaccess file. My htpasswd file is in the same
folder as the .htaccess.

I have looked in httpd.conf but can find little wrong there.

My system is Windows 2003 server running Apache 2.0.5, with php 4.

Any help much appreciated.

Nick Kirby