httpd-users mailing list archives

From herbs <herbert.raim...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mail()
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:39:20 GMT
Hi JC,
some php applications can connect over external smtp servers to send emails to users, but
mostly they need their own mailserver. The recommended way is to use your own mailserver.
I have choosen postfix for my own server - its easy to setup and works almost out of the box.
I have given up with sendmail, didnt get it running on Slackware.

Hope that helps
herbs

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 21:26:46 -0500
"Hiep T. Nguyen" <hiep@ee.ucr.edu> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just wonder if I need to setup email server (postfix,qmail,sendmail) in order to use
mail() function in php?  If not, what do I have to configure for mail() function to work properly?