httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Marina Santos" <Cataphr...@netcabo.pt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.1.9 build under Windows 2003 with Visual Studio .NET : Corrupt distribution files?
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:44:10 GMT
I compiled apache 2.1.10
(http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/httpd-2.1.10/ tarball, result at
http://isabelle.math.ist.utl.pt/%7El55741/Apache_2.1.10-Openssl_0.9.8a-Win32.zip)
from the command line. I used Visual C++ 6.0 and the latest platform SDK.
If I recall correctly the steps were (I'll mention zlib and openssl at the
end):
0. (get perl and awk)
1. get
http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/httpd-2.1.10/httpd-2.1.10.tar.gz and
extract to, say, c:\path
2. get apr, apr-util and apr iconv (latest versions) from
http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi and extract to c:\path\srclib\apr,
c:\path\srclib\apr-util and c:\path\apr-iconv
3. open the prompt and set the environment (run batch files that set the
environment variables for the platform sdk and visual c++)
4. run perl (...)\lineends.pl c:\path
5. edit c:\path\Makefile.win, line 403 and change  'copy
modules\experimental\$(LONG)\mod_charset_lite.$(src_so) "$(inst_so)" <.y'
into  'copy modules\filters\$(LONG)\mod_charset_lite.$(src_so) "$(inst_so)"
<.y' somehow this was broken
6. run 'nmake /f c:\path\Makefile.win PORT=80 INSTDIR="d:\Program
Files\Apache" installr' or sth similar

I had some trouble compiling mod_ssl and mod_deflate; it wasn't enough to
put the sources under srclib (and, in case of openssl follow the
instructions for an apache build as I'd read at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/platform/win_compiling.html) and I had to
compile openssl and zlib apart to get the dlls and import libraries. Btw,
the latest version of zlib worked fine, I merely had to change the import
library name from zlib1.lib to zlib.lib.

Gustavo Lopes