httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Suzy Fynes" <suzanne.fy...@sentenial.ie>
Subject [users@httpd] reverse proxy with Apache 2.0
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:34:37 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to run my Web Service
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21645323.html>
through apache with a reverse proxy and I'm having trouble setting up
the configuration. I set it up fine locally from a windows machine but
when i try to use it on a linux server
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21645323.html>
my web
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21645323.html>
service client just isnt going anywhere, not connecting to the server at
all!

I have the following in my apache conf file

<VirtualHost *:443>

    SSLEngine on
   SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSL
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21645323.html>
v2:+EXP
   SSLCertificateFile /home/Service/certs/web_server_cert.pem
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /home/Service/certs/web_server_pk.pem

    ServerName beta.testing.ie
    ErrorLog /home/logs/reverseProxy-error
    CustomLog /home/logs/web_services.access_log common

    #
    # The following is sample code to allow proxification
    #
    ProxyRequests Off
    <Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
    </Proxy>

    ProxyPass /webservices/Service/doc-literal
https://localhost:9000/Service/doc-literal
    ProxyPassReverse /webservices/Service/doc-literal
https://localhost:9000/Service/doc-literal
</VirtualHost>

The certs i want to use were created with OpenSSL and aren't
authenticated for the server, is there anyway i can tell my client to
just trust my OpenSSL certs without complaining???

Thanks!!
Suzy