httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Gifford <sgiff...@suspectclass.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache running with PID of 0
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 20:21:12 GMT
"Duncan Drury" <d.drury@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> one of the symptoms is Apache ends up running with a PID of 0 (or
> shows up as doing so when I ps -aux | grep httpd)

Can you paste the output of "ps -aux |head -1" and "ps -aux |grep
httpd" which shows this into an email back to the list?

Unless FreeBSD uses PID 0 for something unusual, having that PID would
have to be a kernel bug.  Unfortunately I don't know FreeBSD that
well; maybe somebody on one of the FreeBSD mailint lists could explain
it.

----Scott.